Equitable Life 2023 dividend scale!Equitable Life’s Board of Directors has approved a change to the dividend scale* for the period July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024.
- The interest rate we use for the dividend scale will go from 6.05% to 6.25% on July 1, 2023.
- Other factors used to decide the dividend scale will stay the same.
- The interest rate for participating whole life policies with dividends on deposit will stay the same at 2.25%.
- The policy loan interest rate** will go from 6.20% to 6.50% on June 30, 2023
More good news!
Once the next dividend scale year starts, we expect policyholder dividends to be close to $105 million until the end of June 2024.
- Advisor Dividend Scale Notice
- Client Dividend Scale Notice
- Dividend Information Page
Did you miss our virtual Spring Update & 2023 Dividend Scale Announcement? Watch it now:
(*The French and Chinese events will be partially in English, with sub-titles on screen).
TOGETHER – Protecting Today – Preparing Tomorrow™
As a MUTUAL we provide financial security DIFFERENTLY by focusing exclusively on our CLIENTS.
*Dividends are not guaranteed and are paid at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors. Dividends may be subject to taxation. Dividends will vary based on the actual investment returns in the Participating Account as well as mortality, expense, lapse, claims experience, taxes, and other experience of the participating block of policies. Changes in the dividend scale do not affect the guaranteed premium, guaranteed cash values, or guaranteed death benefit amount. A copy of Equitable Life’s Dividend Policy and Participating Account Management Policy can be found on our website at www.equitable.ca.
** This applies to all new and active policy loans, including automatic premium loans. This change is for Equimax® policies that have a 9-digit policy number beginning with a “3” or an “8”. Some older policies may have other loan rates as they are based on the prime interest rate.