Extension for completing EZcomplete® insurance applicationsEffective July 25, 2020, advisors will have more time to complete and obtain the necessary signatures when submitting Individual Insurance applications on EZcomplete.
Savings and Retirement applications on EZcomplete are not affected by this change.
Frequently asked questions
What happens if the tasks are not completed within the timeframe allowed?
- If each of the first three tasks are not completed within the days allowed, the application will be auto-deleted.
- Once the application includes all required signatures, if the advisor does not submit it within 5 days, the application will be auto-submitted.
What if more than 10 days is required to obtain signatures from the external signers?
If signatures from all external signers cannot be obtained within 10 days, the advisor can cancel the existing signature process and make another request to generate the application for signatures.
This will reset the time and allow another 10 days from the date the application is regenerated to obtain signatures for external signers. Please note that this will also delete any signatures that were already captured.
How do you know what date the application was generated for signatures?
The date will now appear on the Signature Status Page in EZcomplete.
Who are considered external signers?
External signers include:
- Insured lives
- Legal guardian
- Payor/account holder
- Other account holders with signing authority for the account
Has the EZcomplete Sandbox (Application Practice Site) been updated to reflect the updated timeline?
No. In the Practice Site, all applications will be deleted automatically on the tenth day.
Can you show me an example of how the timing works?
- The advisor starts an application for Robert and Anne on July 27 at 1:30 PM. The advisor has until October 25 at 1:29 PM (90 days) to complete the application and generate the application for signatures.
- The advisor generates the application for signatures on August 14 at 10:30 AM. The advisor has until August 24 at 10:29 AM (10 days) to obtain Robert’s and Anne’s signatures.
- Robert signs the application on August 18 but Anne does not sign it until August 21 at 9:00 AM. The advisor has until August 26 at 8:59 AM (5 days after the final external signer) to sign the application.
- The advisor signs the application on August 28 at 8:00 AM. The advisor has until September 2 at 7:59 AM to submit the application. After that time, the application will be auto-submitted.