2017 TAX CHANGES FOR LIFE INSURANCE (français)
It's time for an update!
In 1982, tax-exempt rules were created to determine how much growth could accumulate within life insurance policies. As new products with new features were introduced, those rules just didn't keep up, causing inconsistent tax treatment among life insurance products.
Effective January 1, 2017, tax changes will be introduced to modernize the tax-exempt rules. These new rules will apply to all life insurance policies issued as of that date. Take a closer look at the changes and what they mean for your clients.
Contact your clients now about this LIMITED TIME OPPORTUNITY to purchase 2016 permanent policies!
- Do you have term clients who may want to convert?
- Do you have existing permanent policyholders who may benefit from a review to determine whether changes are required to their policies to meet their current needs?
- Do you have potential clients who are looking for permanent life insurance protection?
Now is the perfect time to contact them because:
- Policies issued before January 1, 2017 are grandfathered under the current rules.
- Certain policy changes made after January 1, 2017 could cause those policies to lose their grandfathering.
By making those changes or purchases before the end of 2016, your clients can receive all the benefits a grandfathered policy has to offer.
Help your clients enjoy the benefits of a pre-2017 permanent policy… permanently!
For more information or ideas to help you get in touch with your clients, contact your Equitable Life Regional Sales Manager