September 25, 2018
Canada Post labour strike? What do you need to know? (français)
No postal service? No worries. Equitable Life® has electronic options that make doing business with us easy and seamless, and will help to prevent delays in the event of a postal strike.
Online tools for advisors through EquiNet® (Login to EquiNet to access):
- Use EZcomplete® (for face-to-face meetings) or InsuranceAssist (for non-face-to-face meetings) to submit your individual life and critical illness insurance applications electronically.
- Use Mobile EquiNet, Individual Inquiry, and other EquiNet Online Tools & Information to keep your business running. You will continue to receive your online correspondence so that you can keep your clients up to date with lapses or premiums due.
- Use EZ Upload to submit scanned applications though a secure online connection. Easily upload applications and related documents, all at the click of a button. EZ Upload saves you time and courier costs, and can be used for all of your life insurance, critical illness and savings and retirement business.
Online tools for clients:
- Equitable Client Access® By setting up an account, your clients can access their investment and insurance policy information, statements, letters, and payment details, whenever it's convenient for them. Encourage them to sign up now!
- Online banking: Your clients can make deposits to their Equitable Life savings policies, or make annual premium payments to their insurance policies through online banking. It's fast and easy … and there's no need for you to pick-up or deliver a cheque.
- Direct deposit withdrawals: Requests for cash withdrawals can be sent directly to your clients' bank accounts provided we have their banking information on file. In the event of a postal strike, we recommend that all withdrawal requests be accompanied by a copy of a VOID cheque to allow funds to be sent to the clients' bank accounts without delay. Again, you can use EZ Upload to submit these scanned documents.
- Courier service: Contracts will continue to be sent via courier. Policy Disbursement cheques, cancellation letters, decline letters or cheques and other urgent correspondence will be couriered to the servicing MGA office for delivery/pickup. All other non-urgent correspondence will be held at Head Office.
Equitable Life works for you to make it business as usual!