Make room for more EDO room
Effective June 26, 2021, a term rider added to an Equimax Estate Builder® or Equimax Wealth Accumulator® policy may allow for an increase to the maximum Excelerator Deposit Option (EDO) payment limit.
● This enhancement will apply to adult single life Equimax Estate Builder and Wealth Accumulator policies where the Owner Signature Date on the application for insurance is June 26, 2021 or after.
● For the term rider to increase the EDO payment limit, it must be issued at the same time as the Equimax coverage.
● Term rider EDO payment limit assumes the term rider is held at least 10 years.
● The illustration system and EZcomplete application will calculate the maximum EDO payment including any increase from a term rider.
● Policies already issued do not qualify.
Full details about the changes can be found in the transition rules.
Who can benefit from this product enhancement?
Your clients who have a temporary insurance need and add a term rider to their Equimax plan may be able to take advantage of the additional exempt room and higher EDO payment limits to build the policy values. Make Equimax® your first choice for your clients’ whole life insurance needs.
New Illustration software is now available
The updated illustration software will be available for download after 9 a.m. ET on Friday, June 25, 2021.
Want more information?
● Learn more about the changes and transition rules
● Contact your Regional Sales Manager for more information on these changes and other sales ideas
® denotes a registered trademark of The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada.