What sales charge options are available and how do they compare?

We have four sales charge options: No Load, No Load CB, Low Load, and Deferred Sales Charge. There are no surrender charges for No Load and No Load CB. Deferred Sales Charges are waived on death of the last surviving Annuitant.

Number of Years Since the Deposit Date

Deferred Sales Charge Deducted from Surrenders

Low Load Charge Deducted from Surrenders

Year 1

5.5%

3.0%

Year 2

5.0%

2.5%

Year 3

5.0%

2.0%

Year 4

4.0%

Nil (0%)

Year 5

4.0%

Nil (0%)

Year 6

3.0%

Nil (0%)

Year 7

2.0%

Nil (0%)

Year 8

Nil (0%)

Nil (0%)

To learn more, see Pivotal Select Advisor Guide (Form #1405). Also, see Pivotal Select Contract and Information Folder (Form #1403).
 

What is the 'free withdrawal' amount for Pivotal Select contracts and how is it calculated?

For non-registered contracts, Retirement Savings Plans and Tax-free Savings Accounts, a client can withdraw up to 10% of the sum of premiums paid in the first year. Each subsequent year a client can withdraw up to 10% of the sum of the fund values as of the first valuation date of each calendar year and 10% of any additional deposits made during the year. For Retirement Income Funds, the free withdrawal amount is 20%. All withdrawals are subject to applicable legislation.
 

How much 'free withdrawal' is available for my client?

The free withdrawal amount can be found on EquiNet. Click on Commissions/Inquiry and follow the steps. The free withdrawal amount will appear on the Values tab.

withdrawal-amount.jpg