Anti-money laundering legislation changesTo comply with the Government of Canada’s anti-money laundering legislation and FATCA/CRS changes, Equitable Life® has made changes to the information that we collect on some of our applications and forms.
Changes and updates to our online forms and applications include the following:
● The 350 Application for Life Insurance - Advisors can order new paper applications from Equitable’s Supply Team by filling out the Supply Order form 1390 and emailing it to email@example.com. You will receive your copies as they become available.
◦ Paper applications submitted after May 15, 2021, with a version date before April 2, 2021 will be accepted with the caveat that additional information may be required from the advisor to comply with anti-money laundering legislation.
◦ As of July 1, 2021 any application with a version date prior to April 2, 2021 will no longer be accepted by Equitable Life.
● Equitable’s EZcomplete® online application reflects the new changes effective May 15, 2021. Any in-flight applications in EZcomplete will automatically be updated to comply with anti-money laundering legislation. You may be required to complete additional fields before submitting the application for signatures.
● Various other forms will now require additional information. A complete list of all forms and applications affected by the anti-money laundering legislation can be found here.
Learn more about the Government of Canada’s anti-money laundering legislation and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada