Application cloning option now available on EZcompleteAs of September 10th, you will now have the option to clone any Life Insurance and Critical Illness applications that is showing on the EZcomplete dashboard. “Cloning” means the information that has been completed in the existing application is duplicated in a new application.
This feature is meant for situations where multiple applications are being completed and at least one of the parties (the policy owner or insured person) is the same. For example, a single policy owner might own policies on the lives of each of their children. Cloning the application will save re-typing the information about the policy owner into each application.
Please note the following important details regarding cloning:
- Cloning the application will duplicate all information that has been completed in the existing application into the new application.
- In the family situation described above, the information about the policy owner should be completed in the original application. The application should then be cloned before entering any information about the insured person, as there will be a different insured person for the new application.
- Cloning applications can be convenient, but it carries risk. It is imperative that the advisor review every section of the new cloned application to ensure that the information is meant to apply to the new application. If an advisor incorrectly includes information about an individual in the new application, this could give risk to a privacy breach or to liability for the advisor if the questions are answered incorrectly for that individual.
- If the application was submitted and is no longer on the dashboard you will not have the option to clone it.
- You will not be able to change the product type on a cloned application so if you need to select a different product, you will need to start a new application.
- Any documents that were attached to the previous application will not be cloned. The documentation will need to be attached again if required.
- All information from an existing application will be duplicated to the cloned app up to the Signatures step (step 8). Signatures/advisor report will need to be obtained and completed again on the new cloned application.
Please contact your Regional Sales Manager for more information