Equitable Life Group Benefits COVID-19 Update
The test of a great partner is one who stands tall when you and your clients need to rely on them most. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we thought you might find it helpful to have a summary of where we are during this crisis.
You can download this PDF version to refer to when meeting with your clients.
We are here with you and for you
We’ve taken several steps to support you, your clients and their plan members during this crisis, including:
- Providing premium refunds for insured, non-refund Health and Dental benefits;
- Waiving the waiting period for short-term disability claimants who tested positive for COVID-19;
- Extending out-of-country travel coverage for plan members who were unable to return to Canada;
- Providing increased flexibility for premium payments; and
- Keeping you and your clients informed with timely Q&As and announcements, webinars, and insights into the impact of COVID-19 on benefits plans.
As well, to commemorate our 100th Anniversary this year, we donated $4.5 million to purchase and install a new MRI for Grand River Hospital. And we donated $50,000 – $10,000 each – to five charities in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. For more information about our celebrations, check out our website at www.equitable100.ca.
We have adjusted our business to become digital
Our business is near 100% digital, so the vast majority of our employees are now working remotely from home and are fully functional. Since the pandemic began, our IT and operations teams have digitally enhanced more than 20 different processes and services to make it easier for us to integrate with our distribution partners in this new reality.
We pride ourselves on our customer service
In 2019, our dedication to customer service was recognized with outstanding survey results.
- In a 2019 survey of customers from 15 life insurance companies,1 Equitable Life ranked #1 on the Net Promoter Score, a measure used across industries to gauge the loyalty of a firm's customer relationships; and
- A survey of Group consultants, brokers and third-party administrators 2 ranked Equitable Life in the top two insurers across all categories.
For 2020, we continue to deliver service at the same level with no disruptions during this crisis. Our Customer Care Centre remains open to support plan members and can be reached at 1.800.265.4556. And our Client Relationship Specialists are available for Plan Administrator questions and support.
We are financially strong and stable
We remain financially strong and continue to focus on meeting the needs of Canadians. At the end of the first quarter, our Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test (LICAT) ratio is at 152.5%, well above our goal and the regulatory requirement.
As the global situation continues to evolve, rest assured that Equitable Life is unwavering in our commitments to you and the communities we serve. We are here with you and for you. Please contact your Group Account Executive or myFlex Sales Manager if you have questions or need assistance.
1 LIMRA CxP Customer Experience Benchmarking Program, Life Insurance In-Force Experience 2019
2 NMG Consulting’s Canadian Group Benefits Survey 2019