Update: Improved Employee Assistance from Homewood Health
As we announced in June, we are expanding our relationship with Homewood Health to help you meet the mental health and wellness needs of your employees and their families. Beginning Oct. 1, 2019, Homewood will be the new provider of both our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and our online health and wellness services.
Following the transition to Homewood, plan members will benefit from added features:
- Signing in to Homewood Health online allows the platform to customize content unique to your interests.
- All plan members will have access to a Health Risk Assessment to help identify health and wellness barriers.
- i-Volve, Homewood's online cognitive behavioural therapy program is available for all plan members to help them manage anxiety and depression.
Learn more about Homewood Health and how they will be providing your plan members with exceptional EFAP and online health and wellness resources.
What does the transition to Homewood mean for you and your plan members?
We will be working with you in the coming months to facilitate the transition and support your employees. Most importantly, there will be no disruption of service delivery to employees who are currently in short-term counselling with our current EFAP provider.
The transition timeline
Groups without an EFAP
Online health and wellness resources will be available through EquitableHealth.ca just as they are now. Here's what you can expect in the coming months.
- We will send plan administrators an email with more details about the resources available to assist in the transition, including:
- How to register for Homewood Health online
- A video orientation for plan members
- October 1st – plan members can access the Homewood online resources! They simply need to visit homeweb.ca/Equitable to sign up and create their unique login.
The transition timeline
Groups with an EFAP
We’ve created a helpful infographic that outlines the steps involved in the transition to the Homewood Health EFAP over the coming months. Please save or print it for easy reference. Below are some of the highlights.
- We will send plan administrators an email with official notice that the enrolment certificate for our current EAP provider, LifeWorks, will terminate on Sept. 30, 2019, and that Homewood Health Inc. will be our new Employee Assistance Program provider as of Oct. 1.
- Homewood will send you a welcome email, including how to access the EFAP, who to contact for support and where to find resources to help share the news with plan members.
- Homewood will follow up directly to answer any questions you may have.
- Homewood will begin offering orientation and training sessions for both plan administrators and plan members. These will be running throughout the fall so you can attend at your convenience.
- October 1st – plan members can access the Homewood EFAP and online resources! They simply need to visit homeweb.ca/Equitable to sign up and create their unique login.
- Orientation and training sessions will continue to be available for both plan administrators and plan members throughout October.
The resources listed below answer common questions about Homewood and our EFAP transition:
If you have a question that is not addressed here, please contact your Group Account Executive or myFlex Sales Manager.