The Equitable Life FHSA is coming!
We want to help clients save money for their first home. We’re working on offering the Equitable Life® First Home Savings Account!
A First Home Savings Account (FHSA) is a registered plan allowing prospective first-time home buyers to save for their first home tax-free (up to certain limits).
- Must be a Canadian resident
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Annual contribution limit of $8,000 with a lifetime limit of $40,000
- Contributions are tax deductible (like an RRSP)
- Qualifying withdrawals are tax-free (like a TFSA)
- Must be a first-time home buyer (has not owned a home in which they lived during the current or preceding four calendar years)
- Unused FHSA proceeds can be transferred on a tax-deferred basis to an RRSP or RRIF
For more information contact your Regional Investment Sales Representative.
Date posted: April 11, 2023
™ or ® denote registered trademarks of The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada.