EquiLiving - Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance provides a lump sum benefit to help your client manage expenses and focus on recovery. EquiLiving is a fully underwritten plan that covers 26 critical conditions.
Key features include:
- 26 covered critical conditions plus 5 additional covered conditions for children.
- Loss of independent existence included at no extra charge and no minimum age limit to claim
- 8 Early detection benefit covered conditions – 15% of face amount up to $50,000, can be claimed once for each condition.
- Choice of guaranteed premium options: 10 year renewable to Age 75, Level to Age 75 and Level to Age100 (coverage for life), 20 pay to Age 75 and 20 Pay coverage for life.
- Equiliving is available as a rider on Equimax, Equitable Generations, Equation Generation IV and term plans.
A lump sum, tax-free benefit following the diagnosis and survival of one of the 26 covered Critical Conditions including Loss of Independent Existence.
Will your clients qualify?
This pre-screening questionnaire will help you determine whether your client is likely to qualify for an EquiLiving plan or rider.
Critical illness insurance for children
When “Kiss it and make it better” isn’t enough. EquiLiving is available for children ages 30 days to 17 years and provides coverage for the following 5 childhood covered critical conditions in addition to the 26 covered critical conditions in our EquiLiving plans for ages 18 and over:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
Equitable Life shares the hows and whys to broach the topic of children's insurance in this article "Tackling a Taboo: How to broach the topic of children's insurance with your clients."
Interested in ordering marketing materials? Complete our Life & Health supply order form
Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation - The digital printer friendly versions of these brochures are not to be altered. PLEASE NOTE that if you choose to distribute the brochure by electronic mail to your clients or prospects, you must comply with Canada's new anti-spam legislation. You could be subject to severe penalties should you not comply. Find out more at fightspam.gc.ca.
Learn about Equitable Life’s exciting Critical Illness product enhancements now.
Access our Virtual Product Launch NOW. Grab a coffee and get ready for this exciting news! Hear from our leaders and learn about our exciting product enhancements.
NEW! EquiLiving plans and riders enhanced with:
- - 20 pay options with coverage to age 75 or coverage for life
- - Support from Cloud DX to help monitor a client’s well-being from treatment to recovery.
- - Added Acquired Brain Injury as a covered critical condition
- - 30-day survival period removed for all non-cardiovascular covered conditions
- - No age restriction to claim for Loss of Independent Existence (LOIE)
- - EquiLiving Benefit now pays the higher of the EquiLiving Benefit or the Return of Premium Rider Benefit (not including Return of Premium on Death)
- And so much more …
New Illustration software available on February 11, 2022
The updated illustration software will be available for download after 9 a.m. ET on Friday, February 11, 2022, and will include all the Equimax and EquiLiving enhancements.
See the Equitable Sales Illustrations Update
for information on how to download the software or check for updates.
Get ready to make 2022 your best year yet for your sales!
Please contact your Regional Sales Manager for more information.
Helping you sell
Sample Policy Pages